The NSW Government is offering up to $5.2 million to establish and run the Bushfire & Natural Hazards Technology Network (the ‘Network’).
The objective of the Network is to establish a world-leading, mature and collaborative bushfire and natural hazards technology sector in NSW that creates new businesses and high-quality jobs.
The Network will actively foster the commercial development and adoption of technologies and services in NSW to better prepare for future bushfires and natural hazards, protect first responders and communities, and provide economic benefit to NSW.
The Network will cover all phases of bushfire and natural hazards management: preparation, preparedness, response and recovery, and will leverage the skills, expertise and networks in existing NSW innovation networks, such as the NSW Smart Sensing Network (NSSN), the NSW Bushfire and Natural Hazards Research Centre, or the Australian Government’s Natural Hazards Research Australia to maximise its impact.
The values of the Network are to:
- Actively facilitate and encourage participants to connect for mutual gain and overcome geographical, cultural and social barriers
- Be sustainable by fostering a collegial pay-it-forward culture where participants are willing to help others and pass on any positive benefits they receive to create a continuous cycle of connection for mutual gain.
The Network will have four key functions:
- Build trusted relationships between stakeholders for mutual gain
- Build capability and commercial pathways to scale for NSW businesses and researchers
- Provide market demand and intelligence services to NSW businesses and researchers
- Increase awareness and impact of NSW bushfire/natural hazards businesses and build global connections.
Bushfire & Natural Hazards Technology Network Guidelines
Thursday 2 February 2023
10am Thursday 16 February 2023
5pm Monday 20 March 2023
Applicants informed of the outcome
The Office of the NSW Chief Scientist & Engineer hosted an information session on Thursday 16 February 2023 to provide stakeholders with an overview of the Network and the assessment process. Stakeholder questions and answers from the session can be viewed at the link below.
Bushfire & Natural Hazards Technology Network Information Session Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
Bushfire & Natural Hazards Technology Network FAQ
For all enquiries, please contact the Investment NSW concierge team at https://www.investment.nsw.gov.au/contact-us/