The Office of the NSW Chief Scientist & Engineer (OCSE) supports research conferences held in NSW. The assessment panel includes independent representatives from the NSW public sector and the broader research community.
For further information about Round 13 of the Conference Sponsorship Program, please refer to the Guidelines for Applicants – Conference Sponsorship Program, below.
OCSE is committed to responsible management of COVID-19. If your conference is ‘in-person’, you must demonstrate how it will comply with any government requirements in place at the time of your event regarding maximum capacity and social distancing.
Any conference that does not appropriately demonstrate how it will implement and comply with social distancing requirements will be deemed ineligible for funding under Round 13 of the Conference Sponsorship Program.
31 August 2020
Round 13 opens
25 September 2020
Round 13 closes
Applicants informed of outcome
Application Form and Guidelines
Tips for Applicants
- Demonstrate how your event will comply with any COVID-19 restrictions in place at the time of your event
- Comply with the specified word limit
- Focus on why the conference is important, and how it would benefit NSW (for example, alignment with the NSW Premier's Priorities)
- Include an accurate budget with appropriate detail
- Highlight why sponsorship is needed, and how grant monies would be spent