The NSW Government has established the Bushfire Technology Pilots Program (BTPP) under the NSW Bushfire Response Mission to support trials and pilots of field-ready bushfire technology developed by NSW businesses.
The objectives of the BTPP are to:
- Enable NSW businesses to commercialise field-ready technology for bushfire-related applications through the trial or pilot of technology with end-user agencies in NSW
- Improve end-user agencies' awareness of innovation possibilities in bushfire management and operations through exposure to new technology.
The BTPP supports bushfire technology trials and pilots in an operational environment. Funding to support projects is provided on a competitive basis.
- Trials – successful applicants will have access to NSW fire agency data, facilities and/or environments required to perform technology tests and produce validation data or case studies.
- Pilots – successful applicants will assist NSW fire agencies to evaluate how they may successfully operationalise the technology through workforce capability development and integration into existing systems and procedures.
The total amount of grant funding available per round is $1.5 million. There will be four rounds.
Applications for the 2021 Bushfire Technology Pilots program are now open.
To apply, please fill out the 2021 Bushfire Technology Pilots Program Application
Before applying, all applicants should read:
The Guidelines set out:
- The eligibility and assessment criteria
- How we assess applications
- How we notify applicants and enter into grant agreements with grantees
- How we monitor and evaluate performance
- Responsibilities and expectations in relation to the opportunity.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
20 December 2021
7 February 2022
Successful applicants informed
Please note that dates are subject to change.
If you have questions regarding the BTPP, contact us through: investment.nsw.gov.au/contact-us/